When will Connection resume in person services?
We have resumed in-person services, however, there will be several things to know on what these services will look like so we can create the safest environment for our members.
What to expect when returning?
There are several changes/precautions we will be taking that we are asking everyone to follow. Please see below:
- All doors will be propped open to limit touched surfaces (Exterior doors will close during the service, but staff will remain in the hallway to open the doors for those coming in late)
- Every other row in the Auditorium will be removed/blocked.
- A minimum of 3 seats must be in between each family/individual.
- Please limit 3 people in the bathroom at a time. Please wait outside until someone else leaves.
- Konnection Kids is open at the 9 AM service for first come first served until we reach capacity. For those parents not ready to send their kids to KK we will have activity bags available to keep them entertained during the service.
- The cafe will remain closed to limit touched surfaces.
- Please no handshakes or hugs, but smiles and waves are still welcomed!
- Please be considerate of other people's space and try to remain socially distant as much as possible.
The use of masks has become a very hot topic issue with very strong opinions on either side, and we want to be sure we are extending grace and love to each other as we navigate each decision made. Currently, our city has an ordinance in place requiring the use of masks when in public, here is where we stand on this issue:
- We strongly encourage and recommend the use of masks when in our building for services. If you do not have one, we have some available for you to use.
- We believe we are called to respect and honor our governing officials and are going to comply with the ordinance that is in place.
- However, we will not force or make anyone wear a mask when they are at Connection. The ordinance is directed at the individual, not the business, and we believe this is a choice the individual needs to make. The enforcement of this ordinance is up to our law enforcement, so we will let them handle that.
- Our staff will wear masks to ensure we are able to serve anyone attending and make them feel comfortable. Also, all volunteers in Konnection Kids will be required to wear masks/shields to help create the safest place for our children.
- We ask that we all be considerate of one another and respect each person’s decision to wear one or not wear one as to not allow this to be something that divides us.
What precautions is Connection taking to make gatherings as safe as possible?
Connection is taking extra cleaning precautions at this time. This includes:
- Wiping down all common area touchpoints (e.g., doors, light switches, countertops, etc.) throughout the day with disinfectant.
- Placing sanitizing bottles and wipes in common areas throughout the buildings
- Bathroom touchpoints will be disinfected before each service, after each service begins, and after each service ends.
Should I come back to church?
While we place a high priority on gathering together as the church for worship and other activities, we still want to make wise decisions on how to best do this. First and foremost, if you are feeling sick or running a fever, please stay home! This is the best way you can love your neighbor. However, we still encourage you to worship online with us at 9 AM through our Website, Facebook Live, or Youtube so you can stay connected. Don't forget we are also providing all of the materials (Videos and Lessons) for kids on the Konnection Kids Resource Page so they can still have church at home too.
The other thing we want to encourage you to do is to pray and ask God what the best decision is for your family. We all are going to have different reasons for wanting to come or wanting to wait a little longer and we respect each of these decisions and we encourage you to do the same. We are excited to begin being around each other again, but know this is going to be a process and things will still have to happen in stages, especially with things like starting Konnection Kids back again. Safety is always one of our top priorities, but we need everyone's help to ensure that can happen effectively.
What precautions can people take when they come to Connection?
We encourage everyone to take certain steps to protect themselves and others from the coronavirus, flu, and other illnesses, including:
- Washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Using hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available
- Not touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- Staying home if you are sick, if you have been tested and are awaiting results, or if you have been directly exposed to someone who has tested positive
- Covering your cough or sneeze
- Disinfecting objects and surfaces regularly