When will Connection resume in person services?
We have resumed in-person services, however, there will be several things to know on what these services will look like so we can create the safest environment for our members.
What to expect when returning?
There are several changes/precautions we will be taking that we are asking everyone to follow. Please see below:
- All doors will be propped open to limit touched surfaces (Exterior doors will close during the service, but staff will remain in the hallway to open the doors for those coming in late)
- Every other row in the Auditorium will be removed/blocked.
- A minimum of 3 seats must be in between each family/individual (Connectors will be in the Auditorium helping people find seats and ensuring correct distancing is taking place).
- Please limit 3 people in the bathroom at a time. Please wait outside until someone else leaves.
- Konnection Kids will remain CLOSED at this time, and all families will be asked to sit together (However, we will have activity bags available for the young kids to keep them entertained during the service).
- The cafe will remain closed to limit touched surfaces.
- Please no handshakes or hugs, but smiles and waves are still welcomed!
- Mask will not be required at this time, but you are more than welcome to wear one. Please make the best decision for you and your family.
- Please be considerate of other people's space and try to remain socially distant as much as possible.
What precautions is Connection taking to make gatherings as safe as possible?
Connection is taking extra cleaning precautions at this time. This includes:
- Wiping down all common area touchpoints (e.g., doors, light switches, countertops, etc.) throughout the day with disinfectant.
- Placing sanitizing bottles and wipes in common areas throughout the buildings
- Bathroom touchpoints will be disinfected before each service, after each service begins, and after each service ends.
Should I come back to church?
While we place a high priority on gathering together as the church for worship and other activities, we still want to make wise decisions on how to best do this. First and foremost, if you are feeling sick or running a fever, please stay home! This is the best way you can love your neighbor. However, we still encourage you to worship online with us at 11am through our Website, Facebook Live, or Youtube so you can stay connected. Don't forget we are also providing all of the materials (Videos and Lessons) for kids on the Konnection Kids Resource Page so they can still have church at home too.
The other thing we want to encourage you to do, is to pray and ask God what the best decision is for your family. We all are going to have different reasons for wanting to come, or wanting to wait a little longer and we respect each of these decisions and we encourage you to do the same. We are excited to begin being around each other again, but know this is going to be a process and things will still have to happen in stages, especially with things like starting Konnection Kids back again. Safety is always one of our top priorities, but we need everyone's help to ensure that can happen effectively.
What precautions can people take when they come to Connection?
We encourage everyone to take certain steps to protect themselves and others from the coronavirus, flu, and other illnesses, including:
- Washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Using hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available
- Not touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- Staying home if you are sick
- Covering your cough or sneeze
- Disinfecting objects and surfaces regularly